Saturday, August 16, 2008

We are settling in...

It's been a busy couple of weeks, but we have emptied 90% of the boxes. Most things made it, but there were a few damaged items. Nothing that cannot be fixed. We have successfully setup internet and phone connections and now we are gearing up to attack TV. I have a feeling this might be quite difficult.

Alianna started school the past week and she is loving it! She had a hard time in the mornings, but by Friday she was tear free! It's only been a week and she has already learned so much German! It is very cute hearing her, especially when she mixes German and English. Landon is missing his big sister terribly. He walks around the house looking for her and goes to the window and calls out "Alya, Alya". It is so sweet and sad. He loves his big sister so much!

Larry is enjoying his work. Ford had a big celebration this weekend to celebrate 40 years in Cologne. We had a very nice time. The kids had the chance to see where dad works and Alianna verified that he really does hang up her artwork on his walls. I had a chance to check out all of the cars because I still haven't picked one out yet. I am torn between picking a car with passagener space or picking a car that I can actually park in the tiny parking spaces and tight parking structures.

As for me I haven't jumped in the moat yet... I start language instruction this week so that is a step in the right direction. I have also starting meeting people and making friends. I'm sure things will continue to get easier...

3 comments:

Jessi said...

I'm glad everything is going well!! I hope Ali is loving school :)

Sandy said...

Wow! First grade!! Have a GREAT time, Ali!

Unknown said...

Hi Ali,
I can't believe you are a big first grader already! I'll bet you are making a lot of new friends...you are such a sweet and beautiful girl. Everyone is lucky to have you as a friend.

Grace starts school next week. She is going into 4th grade. Any advice for her first day jitters?

Love
Aunt Danna

Spain 2009

Spring 2009 - Our Family Travels

Our Thanksgiving 2008

Our first month in germany

Our Second Month in Germany