Monday, July 14, 2008

Every day is a new adventure

I found my way back to the internet cafe. I should be doing other things, but it's always good to take a break. We are still in temp living quaters. I cannot wait to move! Our newest hurdle is getting our furniture in the house. The movers have realized how tight the stairways are and so now they have to order a crane to get our stuff in the house. Yes, i did say a crane. The furniture will be lifted over the roof and through a new door on the second floor. The next challange will be getting our bed to the 4th floor. I am fairly confident that we will be getting two new twin beds. I don't remember wood (boxspring) having the ability to bend. I guess I'll soon find out.

I have been trying to meet people and make friends, but it' challenging in so many ways. I did go for a girl's night out last week and had a nice time. I did meet one woman the other day at the castle. People come there throughout the day just to hang out. So I stopped by to check out our new kitchen (it's really nice). As i was getting ready to leave, i was held up by the castle's pet goose! She (Gerta) was pecking at the back wheel of the car and i couldn't drive off without taking her head with me. It took me almost 10 mins. to get her to move. She just kept hissing at me as i yelled at her to move. Needless to say, the new woman I had just met, found me crazy and I probably won't be seeing her around any time soon.

The kid's are adjusting well. Alianna is already learning German and Landon loves gummi bears. Landon is starting to say a few words himself. He finds saying brot easier then bread. Larry is also doing well and is very happy with his new position. It will still be a while before we have internet, but I'll try to keep up. Until next time...

No comments:

Spain 2009

Spring 2009 - Our Family Travels

Our Thanksgiving 2008

Our first month in germany

Our Second Month in Germany